Waihi Beach Community Events and Promotions have brought events and initiatives to Waihi Beach over the years in many different forms. Originally the merging of the Waihi Beach Retailers and the Waihi Beach Progressive Organisation, "Events and Promotions" as we have come to be known as locally, are dedicated to bringing together the community of Waihi Beach and sharing all that is Waihi Beach.
The objectives of our volunteer organisation
• Foster cultural, social, sporting, business and environmental activity that will benefit both residents and visitors to Waihi Beach
• Increase visitor numbers and days/time spent by showcasing Waihi Beach as a vibrant, relaxing and family friendly holiday destination
• Encourage networking within the business community with a view to supporting economic growth and development
If you would like to join our datebase for our very popular bi-monthly TIDE business-after-5 events please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Strengthen links with neighbouring towns including Katikati and Waihi to work together
Events and initiatives
• Carols In Pohutukawa Park
• Summer Concert Series
• Kid's Day
• Frocks On Bikes
• Op Shop Ball
• TIDE Business After 5 events
• St Patrick's Day Lucky Draw
• Waihi Beach Info website
• Facebook online community
• Summer Events calendar
• Waihi Beach Book (bi-annual publication)
Events and organisations we also support
• The Nugget Multisport Festival
• Waihi Beach Surf Club (Waihi Beach Lifeguard Services)
• Echo Walking Festival
• Katikati and Waihi Beach Community Business Awards
• Waihi Beacg Community Garden
• Waihi Beach Produce Market
• Waihi Beach Summer Fair
Meet our Community Coordinator
In addition to coordinating much of the above alongside teams of volunteers, Coordinator Kelly Moselen is also available to answer online enquiries and provides promotional support for community events. She regularly profiles Waihi Beach events in the media and attends Community Board and Council meetings to promote and share all that Waihi Beach has to offer. This role has been made possible by the support of the Western Bay of Plenty Council, the Waihi Beach Community Board, and each and every member of the Waihi Beach community.
Meet our Committee
Long standing advocates for the community, business owners and individuals make up the Waihi Beach Community Events and Promotions committee and team of volunteers. The committee meets regularly to discuss upcoming projects, sponsorship of local events and seed funding, community related items and more.
Chairperson- Nicky Mowat
Secretary- Marilyn Roberts
Treasurer - Jean Towler
Committee Members- Andy Kennedy, Marilyn Roberts, Lorraine Bax, Niria Gerbich, Desley Rosevear, Murray Upton, Julia Nicholson, Vicki MacFarlane, and Sue & Rob Hope
Connect with us
We welcome the involvement of those interested in joining our team to continue to support quality events and promotional opportunities for Waihi Beach and to engage the wider community.
Connect with us by email: email@example.com or call 021 231 8643 (Office hours are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9am to 3pm).
Want to register your business on this website? Head to the business listing form.
Waihi Beach Book - 2016-2018
We are proud to bring you the Waihi Beach Book, available from many retailers, cafes & restaurants, the library, and the Info Centre on Wilson Road.